Tuesday, October 23, 2012

MY F1

Here's what I have so far...

F1 male...unflared...very minute fringes at the dorsal and anal fins...caudal is like delta tail...nothing special


F1 female...much better than male...promising symmetry but not so nice branching

F1 female with Copper Marble DTPK
Both fish share the same mother (a copper dtpk)
I hope to fix the pk-genes first...produce ct-carrying plakats (and maybe dt plakats)
 then I will breed back to ctpk-carriers such as the F1 female

Happy Betta Keeping!
Kiel


4 comments:

  1. The F1 female has been spawned to the F1 male...fry are about 2cm long

    She has also spawned with the Copper Marble DTPK

    She was previously paired with a Bicolor CT but there are no survivors in the fry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H,
      sorry that I answer so late, but I had no time and a
      lot of work in my company. Thanks for sharing the
      pictures with us, and the new informations. About the
      male I cannot say anithing, because the picture is not
      the best. Iam sorry. The female is ok, but I think
      a female with better reduction give more chances. That
      will be a interessting cross and I hope to see pics of
      the spawn in the future. I cross my fingers for good
      results my friend.

      Greetings
      Axel

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Male is nothing special. I did the F2 just to further the line.

    I have higher hopes for this cross to DTPK. I'll be hitting 2 genes with one cross: doubletail and plakat. And, I think it will be easier to identify a ct-carrier than a pk-carrier.

    Also the female has two other sisters but not yet in breeding condition and still small. These sisters have better webbing reduction but in my opinion has thinner (weaker) rays.

    Thanks for the support.

    HBK!
    Kiel

    ReplyDelete