Friday, March 16, 2012

How to start a CTPK project?

Hi all,
to start a own CTPK project you can take different combinations of breeding forms.
for example:
  • CT male x HMPK or PK female
  • HMPK or PK male x CT female
I used both combinations how you can see in this blog. But you must know you need
a lot of spawns and time to create CTPK. And you need luck, too.

But I think when you have the chance to get fishes with ct or pk geno it will be a little
bit easier to start.

What Iam looking for?
When I start a new line by zero for example Iam looking for CT with strong rays and
a good quality. For HMPK or PK Iam looking for fishes with a little bit membran
reduction in the finnage or when I have background informations about the fish for
the geno of the other breeding form (HMPK with CT geno or CT with PKgeno.)

I don´t know for what the others are looking, but this are my experiences unti yet but
Iam learning more and more. What the others are thinking about that?

Best regards
Axel

     

10 comments:

  1. here in the Philippines, some breeders say that using a 2-ray traditional plakat will yield better results

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi EESDA,
    yes it can be right, but all ctpk breeder go different way, so it will be great to learn about that ways. For this I made this blog to change experiences and give beginners a good way to start. Here in europe we have the problem, that we get mostly HMPK for breeding. Special in different colours. My ctpk friends here in germany and netherlands are working with HMPK, too. I don´t know which way is easier to get quality CTPK. We learn all. Do you breed CTPK, too?

    Greetings
    Axel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just acquired two CT males yesterday and I'll cross them to my HMPK line

    Some of my females are only 2-rays (along with 4-ray and 8-ray siblings)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi EESDA,
    it will be great to read and see more about your personal CTPK project in the future. I cross my fingers for this. It is great to see that more and more betta hobbyists do that. So we have chances to get in the future stabil ctpk lines with show quality like other breeding forms. Last weekend we had a international eurpean betta show in germany and had the first seperate CTPK and DTPK class in a european show.

    Greetings
    Axel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Axel,

    I already started my CTPK project. Fish has just spawned today.

    May I ask how can I post here? So I can share what I have bred?

    Thanks,
    Kiel (EESDA)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kiel,
    it will be great to read and see more of your own ctpk proj.
    here in the blog. Please sent me your email adress and I
    give you author status. So you can make your own thread and
    upload pictures of your project in the future.

    Greetings
    Axel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Axel,

    my email is kiel55@yahoo.com

    Thanks for the add!
    Kiel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kiel,
      you got the author status. welcome to the club.

      Greetings
      Axel

      Delete
  8. May I ask??
    I used hmpk male and ct female???
    What will be the outcome????
    Is there a chance for ctpk????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for share your experience , I'm a breeder too, but i wanna try after read your article . Maybe we can sharing the experience next time . Btw I'm from INdonesia if u know .

    ReplyDelete