Sunday, March 25, 2012

Outcross Copper CTPK (Dino47)

Hi friends,
yesterday I start the first outcross of my copper ctpk line. I had the problem that I got after 5 generations no better results, specially the webbing (reduction between the Rays) in the caudal will be not good. I came forward with the anal but this is not enough for me. Because I had no copper CT female I took a black CT female which I got from Salvatore Unali (Totto) from Germany. This lady made the first place on EHBBC Show in Duisburg 2011 in his categorie.
It will be interessted what comes out. Crowntails are possible too and maybe BlackCopper.

Best wishes
Axel

Father: Copper CTPK (F5)

Mother: BlackOrchid CT female (bred by Salvatore Unali)

5 comments:

  1. Hi guys,
    a little update. Until yet I can see 18 juvelines, but I hope they will be more.

    Greetings
    axel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi all,
    they are 21 fries, but I have not enough time for the youngsters. New Job, more workshops and so on. Bad situation for breeding.

    Greetings
    Axel

    ReplyDelete
  3. IMHO,
    this is a good way because the pure (longfin) CT females have stronger web-reduction genes...

    since both fish are homozygous for crowntail, then it is easier to have the shortfin expressed again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello EESDA,
    at first welcome to this special blog. Thanks for your opinion,it´s great to read other statements about this
    title.
    How it looks I get longfins in this spawn, but that´s OK.

    Greetings Axel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi all,
      because I had problem with the water after the
      water change I lost the most of the youngsters
      yesterday and this morning. Only 5 betta survived
      until yet, but the most of them are not looking
      good. That is really sad for me.

      Greetings
      Axel

      Delete