Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Step forward or not?

Hi friends,
how the most are know, I have not so much time for breeding, because I get a new job in my company and have a lot of workshops on weekends and after work. So I work at the moment only with my copper ctpk´s. The last spawn was a F4 generation spawn between sisters, and Iam dissapointed for the results.
I think I make a little step forward by the quality of the anale, but specially the dorsales got not more
reduction between the rays. I think it is time for a outcross.
I will show you the picture of the father and one son, that you can build your own opinion. Hope you give me a feedback.

Best regards
Axel

Father F4 own spawn

Son F5

3 comments:

  1. Hello
    For me, you have improved just need to perfect, you have created a line CTPK, have good top line and anal, just need a little work on membrane reduction in caudal, perhaps with an outcross can do it, but we must not lose the anal fin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crhistian,
    thanks for your comment and opinion. You are right, the anal fin will be looking better like by the father with better reduction between the rays and by the most of the males the anal is short what is a important result for me. So I make after the show in Frechen next month a outcross. But I must take a black ct female for that, because I have no copper CT at that moment. But this will be no problem, blackcopper will be nice, too. ;)

    Greetings Axel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi all,
    I start last week the outcross. Not much fries but I hope enough for make a new step in my project. For this I made
    a new thread under the title:
    "Outcross Copper CTPK (Dino47)"

    Greetings
    Axel

    ReplyDelete