Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Beginning

Hi all,
two years ago I saw a first picture of a awsome Betta with shortfins, but they looked like a Crowntail. I didn´t know the name of this breeding form and search by internet for this. I need a long time to start a project like this. Than I got a CT male from a friend for spawning (Breeder: Korwhord - Thailand), and I had a blacklace PK female to start.


The first two generations were a desaster, and in the F3 I had the first Betta which looks like shortfins, but not with the best reduction in the fins.

The 4 generation is growing, and I hope to get them big enough for Arcen in August. Cross your fingers and wish me luck!

Greetings
Axel (Dino47)





5 comments:

  1. Looking good my friend! I am looking forward to see these fish live in Arcen.

    Many greetings,

    Joep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joep,
    one of this line you will see in Arcen.

    Greetings
    Axel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man 4 generations?

    This will be 2 yesr project at least.

    Just one question?

    Wy not join thr F1 from ct x pk with the female again in order to guet smaller fins?

    My small ones have 2 weaks now and still have few monthe to wait, but if no good ctpk looks come from this i think ill join with the hmpk one of the sons.

    What you gys think?

    Rui M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rui,
    you are right, this can be a way to have success. But it will be not sure. For really good ctpk you need a lot of time and I think a lot of spawns. When the breeder start with for example HMPK us new form, they needed many years to get show quality and stabil quality. In the F1 you will not get good ctpk that is fact.
    When I breed a F1 son with his shortfin mother, it is not sure that you get shortfins. That´s the miracle of ctpk genetic. But it will be interesting to see what the other guys think. ;)

    Greetings Axel

    ReplyDelete